Manufacturing Project Manager – Architectural Metal Work
Specialist Metal are seeking a Senior Project Manager from a Manufacturing / Construction background to manage manufacturing projects for bespoke interior architectural metal work.
Along with an ability to manage multiple projects to in parallel candidates should have an awareness of different metals, related manufacturing processes and experience of independently managing projects with input from design to delivery.
- To lead manufacturing projects for interior architectural metal work from providing technical support at tender and design through to delivery to site.
- Sourcing materials and subcontract finishing solutions for a wide variety of metal products.
- Lead value engineering efforts to deliver projects in the most cost-effective way without compromising on design intent or function.
- Manage project timelines, identifying items on the critical path and ensuring a procurement and manufacturing plan is in place to guarantee on time delivery.
- Provide support to the in house production team developing new process capability to facilitate project delivery and resolving technical queries.
- Create CAD drawings to facilitate manufacturing processes e.g. for input to CNC manufacturing.
Skills & Experience:
- Project management, particularly short turn around projects 1-6 month duration.
- An innovative , problem solving approach to sourcing materials and processes.
- Commercial awareness of metals and metal manufacturing processes.
- Candidates with experience in leading fabrication projects for aluminium, stainless steel or other non-ferrous metal products with decorative finish are particularly sought.
- Competent in CAD. AutoCAD experience is preferred but strong skills in other CAD packages with a willingness to cross over to AutoCAD is also acceptable.
- Fast learner and willing to take on new challenges.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- 3rd level qualification in a technical discipline including but not limited to mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, construction / civil engineering
- Knowledge of glass processing or experience of specifying interior decorative glazing solutions is desirable however full training will be provided to candidates in this area.
Specialist Group team members enjoy:
- Staff pension scheme and employer contributions.
- Death in service benefit.
- Staff training & development programme.
- Long terms career prospects within a growing and financially stable family business
- Private health care options.
- First class working environment, newly refurbished and enhanced headquarters building including; 150 seater staff restaurant on site, breakout areas and refreshments points, onsite staff gym.
- Excellent workplace culture and team approach enhanced by team building activities and staff away days.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter/email complete with CV to Careers@sjg.co.uk with subject reference – APPLICATION FOR Manufacturing Project Manager
Specialist Joinery Group are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for the Manufacturing Project Manager – Architectural Metal Work, please complete the form below.
Make an enquiry
For more information please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.