Specialist Group are seeking a Health & Safety Officer to join their busy SHEQ Department.
Your role will be to support the business on all aspects of Health and Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within Specialist Group are adhered to.
This is a great opportunity for advancement within SHEQ Department.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure a safe workplace environment.
- Ensure that all health & safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure daily and weekly safety inspections are carried out, reported and improvements implemented.
- Ensure fire drills and fire alarms are conducted and tested as per legislative guidelines and that employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Maintain a structured programme of health & safety training and deliver in-house training, Face Fit testing and inductions.
- Liaise with external health & safety providers in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Manage the health & safety committee meetings, taking minutes and ensuring that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Assist with SHEQ team with the completion of O&M and RAMS.
- NEBOSH certificate in Health and Safety or working towards.
- Must have recent experience of working in a health & safety department.
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Have strong attention to detail, with a positive can-do attitude.
- Willing to undertake any necessary training.
- Environmental & Sustainability experience.
- IOSH Membership.
- Train the Trainer or have experience in delivering in house training, toolbox talks or inductions.
- Experience of working to achieve accreditations such as ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001, Safe-T-Cert, Constructionline, CHAS, FORS.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing background.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter/email complete with CV to Careers@sjg.co.uk with subject reference – APPLICATION FOR Health and Safety Officer
Specialist Joinery Group are an equal opportunities employer
To apply for the Health & Safety Officer, please complete the form below.
Make an enquiry
For more information please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.